Friday, July 25, 2008

Real Stadium Review for Shea




Jason’s Stadium Review:

 

So first off I’m sorry for the disappointing review of Shea. I had just caught myself up on Yankee (which as you can see took a while) and was blogged out. ANYWAY here we go

 

Shea Stadium is blue. Very, very blue. The entire outside walls were painted blue. I’ve always thought this was a cool stadium though because it’s a perfect circle. The stands and field are completely symmetrical, which I always thought was the way parks should all be built. I’ve since then changed my thinking, because that’s just a silly way of doing things. Stupid conformity. Not gonna lie though, Shea was not impressive. It was hard for me to get into the game mostly because there were so many groups of people there. I realized later that since Yankee stadium is so high priced and sold out, they could get better tickets at Shea. For example, there was a large group sitting behind us who happened to be there just to annoy everyone sitting around them. They chanted “Go Yankees!”. Mets fans were not happy. Mets fans retaliated. Consequently, I couldn’t focus on the game. Moving on…. The outfield of Shea was the most barren and dry thing I’ve ever seen in a ballpark. A pathetic attempt at bleachers followed by a scoreboard that not only didn’t tell you anything useful, but was older than dirt and hard to read in the first place.

I must say however, the new Citi Park they are building next door is going to be a thing of beauty. The outside looks fantastic and its not even finished yet. It’s a good thing the owners are building new parks to Shea and Yankee cuz they NEED it.

In terms of Shea, my thoughts can be summed up into one sentence.

 

Eh….Better than Yankee Staduim.

No comments: